Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DFS interference

DFS interference

Hans
Contributor

Hello

I have a customer with a lot of DFS events. I want to check the channel that is experiencing the DFS event. However, I can not find this information, not by the GUI (ExtremeCloudIQ) and not by CLI. Any idea? 

I see DFS events at all of our customers, what is the experience with false positives?

Thx!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, you could run the following CLI commands to get a better idea of what’s going on with the DFS events you’re seeing: 

This command will show you how many detected radar signals the AP has seen, how many channels are currently unusable due to DFS traffic, and how much longer those channels will be reserved for emergency traffic only: show interface wifi1 dfs _detail

This command will also show the radar penalty time, and if you see channels listed here, the higher the cost is, the more interference you’re going to see on that channel currently: show interface wifi1 _dfs-dynamic-cost

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hans
Contributor

Sam

I know our Extreme contacts, I will apply a request ;).

Thx!

SamPirok
Community Manager

Happy to help! I agree that would be useful to see in the GUI, would you be able to reach out to your local sales engineer to file a feature request for that to see if we can add that in to a later release? If you’re not sure who to contact for your sales engineer, please let me know generally where you are located, and I will find a local contact for you to speak to. 

Hans
Contributor

Hey Sam

My mistake, there is a space between dfs _detail ;). However, I was looking for information I get from the command _dfs-dynamic-cost, so Thx!!

It would be great if this information is shown in the 360monitor device section (now we only see the message that there has been a DFS event).

SamPirok
Community Manager

I’m sorry the first command is giving you trouble, I just tested it out on my AP 230 using 10.3r3 and it worked. Are you on the latest firmware? Just in case I had a typo the first time, I’ve copied the command again here: 

show interface wifi1 dfs _detail

And yes, the channels with a Radar Cost are channels where radar was detected. On my lab AP the list is blank as the AP has not detected any DFS traffic recently. 

GTM-P2G8KFN