Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The device appears to be in use by another VIQ

The device appears to be in use by another VIQ

alextim
New Contributor

Hello,

Im trying to onboard in ExtremeCloud IQ the Aerohive AP121 sn12113070301207 but “The device appears to be in use by another VIQ” 

How can we solve?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for your patience here, I was able to remove the old records for 12113070301207, so you should be able to add this device to your inventory now. Please let me know if you have any further issues onboarding this AP.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

SamPirok
Community Manager

Thank you for letting me know and for that screenshot. With devices on 6.1r6 or older, we need to go from 6.1r6 to 6.2r1, after that we can update to any later version directly. We’ll also need to get the device up to at least 6.5r3 before it can work with XIQ. 

This guide reviews how to update the AP firmware via it’s Web UI rather than the XIQ GUI. I will email you directly in just a minute with instructions on how to find the firmware files to use when updating via the Web UI. 

alextim
New Contributor

Hi, thanks for your assistance with device onboarding, its online now but attempts to update the 6.1r1 release build1247 to the latest version (6.5r14) via EXIQ Connect brings the error “unable to save the image to flash memory”, please advise

c215edfd57984d49a7dffce15a0e2b7f_0a36af50-02b7-4e73-9d2e-30156d8a9072.png

SamPirok
Community Manager

Thank you for your patience here, I was able to remove the old records for 12113070301207, so you should be able to add this device to your inventory now. Please let me know if you have any further issues onboarding this AP.

Hi there,

Device become unmanaged in cloudiq with error message "used by another VHM on redirector"

Please assist

GTM-P2G8KFN