cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the replacement email for communityhelp@aerohive.com?

What is the replacement email for communityhelp@aerohive.com?

Marcus_sun
New Contributor

Hello,

Is there a replacement email for communityhelp@aerohive.com? I sent a msg to this email and got an auto replay that we need to use the extremeportal.force.com, which requires paid service contract.

I need help to clear database for some old AP230 purchased from Ebay. It used to be that we can email communityhelp@aerohive.com to have the SN cleared.

Has the policy changed? I filed a ticket with support they refused to do so as I do not have a service contract.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, I just wanted to mention in general that the community@extremenetworks inbox is now being monitored by me (as of 7/13/20). 

More specifically, if you have issues with serial numbers stuck in old XIQ instances, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me at the above inbox and I’ll see what I can do for you. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, I just wanted to mention in general that the community@extremenetworks inbox is now being monitored by me (as of 7/13/20). 

More specifically, if you have issues with serial numbers stuck in old XIQ instances, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me at the above inbox and I’ll see what I can do for you. 

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II

Hi Ron,

On one hand this policy is understandable (EXOS switch breaked bad by someone, reselled, new user trying to issue an RMA), but I’m not sure why this applies to freeing up an AP if XIQ Connect is supposed to be free of charge. So when one re-sells, it should also pass some access details to his organization in XIQ. 😉

Cheers,

Tomasz

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor

OK I hope everyone is sitting as I’ve rx the answer to my GTAC ticket.

Q:Who to contact - remove CloudIQ/Aerohive AP from the DB

GTAC Answer: I do apoligize for our late response, new policy came in place recently, please see the linkhttps://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/What-is-the-warranty-policy-for-grey-market

You can contact with our sales representative to offer you support options.

Cheers,

Ron

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II

Hi Larry,

I think the best thing to do is contact GTAC (via phone or e-mail or portal). They’ll take care of it. 🙂

Hope that helps,

Tomasz

GTM-P2G8KFN