cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Telemetry on ERS 4900's and VOSS

Application Telemetry on ERS 4900's and VOSS

XTRMUser
Contributor

I have XIQ Site Engine, version: 22.9.10.73. ERS 4900's running 7.9.3.027, and VOSS running 8.6.1.0.

A few questions:

1. When I add devices, do I want/need both sflow and application telemetry or just application telemetry?

2. I have added some 4900's, and when I check the config, it added all the ports. Is there a way I can do selective ports (e.g. uplinks)? I didn't see it during the adding of the devices, so I assume I'll have to edit the config on the switches.

3. Adding VOSS devices. I see there is the need to add both source address and export address. I understand the source address, but the wording (to me) about adding export address is a bit confusing. It says a valid non-management IP address. So if my management IP is 192.168.10.11, can the export be 192.168.11.11 or 10.5.5.5 or almost anything, as long as I can tell what the "real" source is. In my example 192.168.11.11 and 10.5.5.5 are not defined anywhere in my network.

Thanks in advance for clarification on this. I'm wading my way through.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Robert_Haynes
Extreme Employee

Hello. I'll answer these the best I can . . .

1) Just Application Telemetry.

2) Correct. By default adding Application Telemetry via XIQ-SE/Analytics is an 'apply all'. There is no functionality to hand pick at this time what is or is not applied. Any customizations are left to the end user to modify as desired.

3) The Export IP address is made up of CLIP or interface addresses read from the appliance. This would be the interface the flows are sourced from. Usually this would be the same IP address as what the device is inventoried as in XIQ-SE; and usually the CLIP address.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee

Question number one is a little confusing.

The Application Telemetry consists of two configuration components:

• ACL mirror
  • sFlow

The Site Engine configures both for you. If you want to configure it by CLI then you need to configure sFlow and enable telemetry.

The Analytics Engine must receive both from the switch to work properly.

Maybe it helps.

Regards Zdeněk Pala

Robert_Haynes
Extreme Employee

Hello. I'll answer these the best I can . . .

1) Just Application Telemetry.

2) Correct. By default adding Application Telemetry via XIQ-SE/Analytics is an 'apply all'. There is no functionality to hand pick at this time what is or is not applied. Any customizations are left to the end user to modify as desired.

3) The Export IP address is made up of CLIP or interface addresses read from the appliance. This would be the interface the flows are sourced from. Usually this would be the same IP address as what the device is inventoried as in XIQ-SE; and usually the CLIP address.

GTM-P2G8KFN