Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme Control as External RADIUS in Cloud IQ

Extreme Control as External RADIUS in Cloud IQ

RobertD1
Contributor
Hello,

I understand that it is possible to create a network policy in Cloud IQ for Wireless which can use External RADIUS server for authentication (Extreme A3, NPS, Extreme Control). Do the APs (AP3705C) which are onboarded in the cloud also need to be added under Access-Control>Switches? If so what RADIUS Attributes should they use?

Thanks,
Rob
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RobertD1
Contributor
I have got this to work! After solving the first problem with the developer profile (redirect URI was missing) then the first task passed and data was collected. I then realized the subsequent tasks also had scripts which when reviewed revealed what I needed to do in addition. I had to create a profile for the new device to use (or alter the script) and I added another IF statement for the model of AP I was using (AP305C) and in the last script alter the primary RADIUS server IP. That's it! I've learnt a lot from this and will be very useful for bulk importing and integrating XIQ WAPs with XIQ-SE with Extreme Control.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

RobertD1
Contributor
I have got this to work! After solving the first problem with the developer profile (redirect URI was missing) then the first task passed and data was collected. I then realized the subsequent tasks also had scripts which when reviewed revealed what I needed to do in addition. I had to create a profile for the new device to use (or alter the script) and I added another IF statement for the model of AP I was using (AP305C) and in the last script alter the primary RADIUS server IP. That's it! I've learnt a lot from this and will be very useful for bulk importing and integrating XIQ WAPs with XIQ-SE with Extreme Control.

RobertD1
Contributor
I made a little progress and can get an authorized response from the API with a list of devices but the WF does not add them to XIQ/Access-Control. Getting closer.

RobertD1
Contributor
Hi Ryan,

I've used the document to get an AP305C to work with XIQ-SE and Extreme Control. I'm struggling to get the workflow mentioned in the document to work though. Some kind of client authorization issue. I've updated the script as instructed and even tried with root but same issue. I just opened a case to try to get help on it (hoping Gitbhub workflows are supported of course).

RobertD1
Contributor
I registered on the developer site and have been able to generate a token. I updated the script, saved it and re-ran the workflow but it fails.
GTM-P2G8KFN