cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure NAC so I can use PXI and SCCM

How to configure NAC so I can use PXI and SCCM

JohanHendrikx
Contributor II

When I have to image a PC we use SCCM. our network is configured for authentication 802.1.x and MAC.

How can I indentify a PC when PXI is used to connect to th SCCM server to access the image?

Johan Hendrik System Architect Audax
4 REPLIES 4

Robert_Haynes
Extreme Employee

Not sure if this is the right advice per sey but XMC / XIQ-SE Connect feature includes a SCCM module to interface with SCCM. I imagine it pulls data from SCCM for use then with Control. Link to the guide is below.

https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/netsight/XIQ-SE/22.3.10/XIQSE_22.3.10_ExtremeConnect_User_...

For any additional assistance with configuring Connect SCCM or this integration please consider opening a GTAC support case.

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee

Hello,

I think we were able to get a solution for this by identifying the PXE boot system based on operating system on boot. 

It is PXE boot that you're referring to right? A network OS that loads an image from a central server?

Correct, It is about the PXE boot to load an image from a central server.

Johan Hendrik System Architect Audax

Hello,

When the end system boots up into the PXE sub-system it should use a different DHCP fingerprint that should be reflected in Control. 

Do you see Control show the device family/device type accordingly?

You can create a rule that matches the device family/type that can provide a different level of access when we identify the system in this state. 

We may need to customize the fingerprints.

Thanks

-Ryan

GTM-P2G8KFN