Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5320-16p poe budge quest

5320-16p poe budge quest

Terry_Yang
New Contributor III

Hi Sirs

I check the 5320 datasheet

the 5320-16p poe power budge is only 185w , so if every device which connect 5320 need 15.4w power budge  , does the 5320-16p only use 12port  POE ?

185w/15.4w=12.01... 

6 REPLIES 6

Terry_Yang
New Contributor III

Hi Sirs

Thanks for reply 

At least I know the poe port limit of 5320-16p. Regarding the planning of 5320-16P, what should be paid attention to

FredrikB-NN2
Contributor

It is quite common that switches have a total PoE budget that is less than what a single port can use multiplied with the number of ports. It is also quite rare that a switch has more than a few ports that use a lot of PoE power (regardless of vendor). For more power you need to look at other models, like the 5420F-16MW.

It's being sold as a 30W POE switch and bears no specific mention that it's only going to power 6 ports apart from a separate section listing the power budget on the switch. There is no specific mention around maximum port availability.

You and I might check the power budget, but not everyone would. Assumptions would be made based on the sales literature.

-----
-Brent Addis / Extreme Black Belt #491

New to Extreme? Check out the Welcome series here - https://training.extremenetworks.com/welcome-series-1
Want to join the official Extreme learners discord? Let me know!

The max PoE power budget is mentioned in big letters on page 4 of the datasheet, which in my opinion should be the primary technical sales literature for any device (no matter if switch or other technical device).

https://cloud.kapostcontent.net/pub/267c5c10-2a84-426c-8f50-ff5360cd1078/5320-data-sheet

Also the amount of ports that can utilize PoE fully depends on how much the specific PDs are actually drawing, which may also only be 7W on a specific port. In that case it would leave more over for other PD's/ports again, so "amount of ports" can't be generally predicted, hence the "maximum power budget".

GTM-P2G8KFN