cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clients on ports getting their VLANs via Policy not getting a DHCP address

Clients on ports getting their VLANs via Policy not getting a DHCP address

Michael_P
New Contributor II
I have an X620 setup as a core to a LAN with X440-G2 switches on the edge. I have policy working at the switches - for example: when a IP Camera is plugged in, policy assigns VLAN 13 untagged to the port, When an AP is plugged in, policy assigns VLAN 80 untagged and 60 & 70 tagged, etc. That part is working.

The cameras are setup with static IP addresses and are reachable, but the APs (and other DHCP enabled devices) get the port configured correctly according to policy, but do not get DHCP addresses.

For ports that have static VLANs assigned - DHCP is working fine.

On a similar note: DHCP relay is working fine (except as listed above) but PXE booting is not working on any port static or dynamic. I figured I would mention this in case these issues are related.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael_P
New Contributor II
I think this may be solved. In the policy, under "Default Actions" I changed "Permit Traffic" to "Contain to VLAN" and set the "Contain to VLAN" to the proper VLAN (100 in this example). The client received a DHCP address and I was able to get connected to the LAN and Internet.

1390c7486eca4a50a30b92bb66ddd6fd_594b70fc-1c03-4f8d-b0d7-fc6a93bb0892.jpg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Michael_P
New Contributor II
I think this may be solved. In the policy, under "Default Actions" I changed "Permit Traffic" to "Contain to VLAN" and set the "Contain to VLAN" to the proper VLAN (100 in this example). The client received a DHCP address and I was able to get connected to the LAN and Internet.

1390c7486eca4a50a30b92bb66ddd6fd_594b70fc-1c03-4f8d-b0d7-fc6a93bb0892.jpg

Michael_P
New Contributor II

This is for wired ports. DHCP is not making it to the server when the untagged vlan is dynamically assigned, but is making it to the server when the untagged vlan is statically assigned.

Matthew_Hum
Contributor
Is the server seeing the DHCP requests?
I'm assuming you're bridging at the AP. is the AP and phones sending the correct tags to the switch?
code:
configure policy profile 4 name "Phones" pvid-status "enable" pvid 30 cos-status "enable" cos 6 egress-vlans 30

try this for the phones and see if it still has problems.

Michael_P
New Contributor II

Matthew,
Not blocking anything with Policy. I do not use a policy on the X620 at the core - just the X440s on the edge.

configure policy profile 1 name "UPS" pvid-status "enable" pvid 4095
configure policy profile 2 name "CleartouchWindows" pvid-status "enable" pvid 4095
configure policy profile 3 name "V23Clients" pvid-status "enable" pvid 4095
configure policy profile 4 name "Phones" pvid-status "enable" pvid 4095 cos-status "enable" cos 6 egress-vlans 30
configure policy profile 5 name "V22Clients" pvid-status "enable" pvid 4095
configure policy profile 6 name "V21Clients" pvid-status "enable" pvid 4095
configure policy profile 7 name "Printer" pvid-status "enable" pvid 4095
configure policy profile 8 name "DLE-Default" pvid-status "enable" pvid 4095
configure policy profile 9 name "SecurityCameras" pvid-status "enable" pvid 4095
configure policy profile 10 name "Wireless AP" pvid-status "enable" pvid 4095 egress-vlans 60,70
configure policy profile 11 name "Phone Switches" pvid-status "enable" pvid 4095
configure policy profile 12 name "Safari" pvid-status "enable" pvid 4095
configure policy vlanauthorization enable
enable policy
GTM-P2G8KFN