Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rx Frag on a particular port printer connected

Rx Frag on a particular port printer connected

abhijit_roy
New Contributor

Hi All,

I am facing an issue regarding incremental packet drop on a particular port with Rx Frag value is also increasing, I have checked/alter cables but nothing rectified following is the packet statistics of that port

Port Packet Statistics
Port      Link                         Packet Sizes 
          State   0-64    65-127   128-255   256-511  512-1023 1024-1518   Jumbo
================================================================================
44        A 408462663     44814      4295      2711       715      1439        0
================================================================================

My switch model is X440G2-48p-10G4

The same model printer is connected to another same model switch but there is no issue, please suggest.

5 REPLIES 5

abhijit_roy
New Contributor

yes both switch and printer using same speed(1 gbps) duplex full in auto mode, following is the output of port config

show ports 45 configuration

Port     Virtual    Port  Link  Auto   Speed       Duplex   Flow  Load   Media
         router     State State Neg  Cfg Actual  Cfg Actual Cntrl Master Pri Red
45       VR-Default E       A    ON  AUTO 1000   AUTO FULL SY/ASY       UTP     *

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Did you check if both (switch and printer) is using full-duplex and the same port speed?

Compare the network setting on the running and not running printer.

Regards Stephan

abhijit_roy
New Contributor

yes I have changed the port in switch and noticed the same behaviour, I mainly faced following 2 problems

when i do show ports congestion it is showing incremental packet drops on the port in which the printer connected.

And when I do show ports rxerrors it showing Rx Frag  counter on the same port other parameters are ok.

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Have you already connected the printer to another port? Do you see the same behavior on the other port?

Do you see rx/tx errors?

Regards Stephan
GTM-P2G8KFN