Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XOS & Cloud IQ

XOS & Cloud IQ

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor

Hi,

as per the 30.5 release notes some XOS switched are supported for basic functions in ExtremeCloud IQ…

“ExtremeXOS 30.5 provides support for ExtremeCloud IQ. This release supports device discovery and basic monitoring.” 

I’ve upgraded my X440G2 but I’m not able to find a manual on how to integrate the switch into the IQ dashboard.

Also the switch isn’t listed in the supported hardware in the IQ release notes.

Thanks,

Ron

PS: how about a new IQ sub forum !? Or should we use the Aerohive forum ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I’ve “integrated” my X440G2 today with the help of thisKB article….

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-add-an-EXOS-Switch-to-ExtremeCloud-...

I’ve upgraded the switch first to the latest available FW, switched from static to DHCP (not sure whether that is really necessary) and added the serialnumber to the dashboard.

The switch didn’t connect so I’ve also performed the step “Create the ECIQ process to allow the switch to connect to the cloud:” even that is only for pre 30.6 software.

After that switch went green in the dashboard.

Not sure whether I miss something but right now I’m not impressed with the function that is included ….  basic monitoring and no config.

I hope that more features are coming ASAP.

-Ron

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Thomas_Gfeller
New Contributor III

Hi Christian

Thx for reply, i will also go to 30.7 as soon i get time to do 🙂

Regards

Thomas

CWurm
Contributor

Hi Thomas,

I have tested both XOS 30.7 and XOS 31.1, these versions seem to work way better with XIQ than 30.6 did. Since upgrading to 30.7 the random disconnects haven’t happened again.

Kind regards

Christian

Thomas_Gfeller
New Contributor III

Hi CWurm

I ve had same experience like you with XOS 30.6.1.11 p1-11  and XOS 30.6.1.11 p1-4. On p1-4 i ve random disconnects from the switch to cloudiq, the ap behind maintanis its connection with cloudiq. Peridocally i get this error in cloudiq since i ve added the switch:

“could not view configuration on device 663967584323436. there is no version for the device, try to setup a capwap connection to hivemanager.”

Have you guys ever tested with 30.7?

Regards

Thomas

CWurm
Contributor

Hi Ron,

have you upgraded your switch to XOS 30.6.1.11 p1-11 by any chance? I have upgraded my X440-G2 from XOS 30.6.1.11 p1-4 to p1-11 today and after doing so it did not connect to XIQ any more. I have now done a downgrade to p1-4 again and suddenly it connects to XIQ again…

Kind regards

Chris

GTM-P2G8KFN