Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XOS & Cloud IQ

XOS & Cloud IQ

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor

Hi,

as per the 30.5 release notes some XOS switched are supported for basic functions in ExtremeCloud IQ…

“ExtremeXOS 30.5 provides support for ExtremeCloud IQ. This release supports device discovery and basic monitoring.” 

I’ve upgraded my X440G2 but I’m not able to find a manual on how to integrate the switch into the IQ dashboard.

Also the switch isn’t listed in the supported hardware in the IQ release notes.

Thanks,

Ron

PS: how about a new IQ sub forum !? Or should we use the Aerohive forum ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I’ve “integrated” my X440G2 today with the help of thisKB article….

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-add-an-EXOS-Switch-to-ExtremeCloud-...

I’ve upgraded the switch first to the latest available FW, switched from static to DHCP (not sure whether that is really necessary) and added the serialnumber to the dashboard.

The switch didn’t connect so I’ve also performed the step “Create the ECIQ process to allow the switch to connect to the cloud:” even that is only for pre 30.6 software.

After that switch went green in the dashboard.

Not sure whether I miss something but right now I’m not impressed with the function that is included ….  basic monitoring and no config.

I hope that more features are coming ASAP.

-Ron

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

CWurm
Contributor

Hi Ron,

I have made the same experience with XOS in XIQ as you. I have two switches (X440G2 and X465) running in XIQ now for quite a while - starting with XOS 30.5 they could be added to XIQ by manually creating the python process on the switch. I meanwhile have upgraded both to XOS 30.6 and they continued to be connected to XIQ.

Currently it really seems to be very limited functionality for the switches - thats true. However I am very impressed by the design! I think the switch is displayed much nicer than it is in XMC 🙂 I like how the switch is diplayed in XIQ and you can click each port to see detailed info like VLANs etc. about it.

Kind regards

Christian

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I’ve “integrated” my X440G2 today with the help of thisKB article….

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-add-an-EXOS-Switch-to-ExtremeCloud-...

I’ve upgraded the switch first to the latest available FW, switched from static to DHCP (not sure whether that is really necessary) and added the serialnumber to the dashboard.

The switch didn’t connect so I’ve also performed the step “Create the ECIQ process to allow the switch to connect to the cloud:” even that is only for pre 30.6 software.

After that switch went green in the dashboard.

Not sure whether I miss something but right now I’m not impressed with the function that is included ….  basic monitoring and no config.

I hope that more features are coming ASAP.

-Ron

CWurm
Contributor

Thank you for posting this question  I was also wondering how the integration with Extreme CloudIQ was working and could not find anything on our X465.

But as Andre Brits already said - I also spoke to our Extreme SE and he also told me that a separate XMOD is required. He couldn’t send me anything yet so I am currently waiting for Extreme to finish or publish this XMOD.

I am very keen on testing this.

Kind regards

Christian

Andre_Brits_Kan
Contributor II

Speaking to the extreme guys their is a separate cloud IQ module that you will need to load as currently EXOS still tries to connect to the old cloud.

I asked for access to the module and some docs but to date nothing.

I also noticed over December I could onboard XOS and VOSS switches but if you look now they have been removed again.

GTM-P2G8KFN