Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XOS & Cloud IQ

XOS & Cloud IQ

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor

Hi,

as per the 30.5 release notes some XOS switched are supported for basic functions in ExtremeCloud IQ…

“ExtremeXOS 30.5 provides support for ExtremeCloud IQ. This release supports device discovery and basic monitoring.” 

I’ve upgraded my X440G2 but I’m not able to find a manual on how to integrate the switch into the IQ dashboard.

Also the switch isn’t listed in the supported hardware in the IQ release notes.

Thanks,

Ron

PS: how about a new IQ sub forum !? Or should we use the Aerohive forum ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I’ve “integrated” my X440G2 today with the help of thisKB article….

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-add-an-EXOS-Switch-to-ExtremeCloud-...

I’ve upgraded the switch first to the latest available FW, switched from static to DHCP (not sure whether that is really necessary) and added the serialnumber to the dashboard.

The switch didn’t connect so I’ve also performed the step “Create the ECIQ process to allow the switch to connect to the cloud:” even that is only for pre 30.6 software.

After that switch went green in the dashboard.

Not sure whether I miss something but right now I’m not impressed with the function that is included ….  basic monitoring and no config.

I hope that more features are coming ASAP.

-Ron

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor

Thanks Chris,

I’ll give it a try over the weekend because I’m pretty sure that my switch config will get messed up as soon as I assign a network policy 🙂

-Ron

CWurm
Contributor

Hey Ronald,

look at this: I have noticed that since the last maintenance/upgrade of Extreme Cloud IQ they have added a bit more functionality on XOS devices. It seems like we can now configure VLANs on the ports:

9206b7148ac94790b793c9efb90e1088_35317f14-fad4-4f97-b3b8-cbe315e4e98c.png

I am still running XOS 30.6.1.11 p1-4 by the way.

Kind regards

Christian

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor

Thanks Chris,

I’ve fixed mine now and I’d also enjoy green/yellow/grey ports:-)

I test a lot of different features on my test switch and that result is a very weird config.

I think that CloudIQ didn’t like that I had stacking enabled which means that the ports where numbered 1:1 instead of just a 1 and I’d assume that is the reason the port status wasn’t showing.

After removing that part of my config it looks far better.

Thanks and wish u all a great weekend,

Ron

CWurm
Contributor
ef91cc756e194111bf50fbeec6489fe9_31128fbb-d931-4fa4-a533-b7f50251b8ed.png

Sure! This is how my X440G2 looks. You can see the active ports (green) and even a loopback port (yellow). If you click on them you see the infos like VLAN etc. and a detailed graph of the traffic of that special port.

Kind regards

Christian

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor

Hi Chris,

mine doesn’t show a lot (e.g. VLAN on port, all ports are grey) beside the clients in the client monitoring window of the switch so I wonder whether I’m missing something.

Could you post scrrenshot of the switch monitoring view so I’d see what yours look like ?

Thanks,

Ron

GTM-P2G8KFN