Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISW Port Configuration Assistance

ISW Port Configuration Assistance

T_Pitch
New Contributor III
Hello,

I have an ISW that I'm not too familiar with that I'm trying to configure one port to tag some VLANs and to have one untagged. 

For example- 123 untagged then 456, 789 tagged.

I can do this easily with my Summit switches, but I can't seem to crack this nut. Can someone point me in the right direction? 

I've tried various different configurations but haven't gotten it to work. Below is my current configuration as an example:

interface FastEthernet 1/8
switchport access vlan 1720
switchport mode trunk
poe mode enable
3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Applebaum
New Contributor II

Hi T_Pitch,

Have you figured out how to accomplish this yet? We just got our 2 ISW 8GBP,4-SFP switches powered on. Unfortunately, we purchased them just over a year ago, so our configuration support via our contract has expired.

I did the initial config as per Industrial_Ethernet_Switch_Quick_Installation_Guide.pdf  to give the switch an IP address:

enable
configure terminal
interface vlan 3236
ip address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (I configured with a real IP and netmask of course)

The switch MAC address shows up on the FDB table of the core, but it is not pingable, or accessible via the network.

As I suspected, this is not quite enough to access the switch on the network, either via SSH or the Web configuration interface. I think I need to configure the port that is connected to our core switch. Unfortunately, the CLI commands are very different from XOS (This must be Cisco like commands, which I am not at all familiar with). The CLI guide doesn't give one example, just the bare bones syntax, which I am not finding as useful as it could be. 

If you figured out how to configure and tag port VLANs, I would appreciate if you could share what you have learned.

Thanks,
Ken

Gabriel_G
Extreme Employee
Hi T,

I'm not the best with the ISWs, but let me share some info:

You can generally find the ISW documentation here:
Industrial Switches - Extreme Networks

For your setup, I believe this would be similar to Cisco style trunk configuration:
conf t
interface fast 1/8
switchport mode trunk
switchport trunk allowed vlan 123,456,789
switchport trunk native vlan 123

Looks good!
GTM-P2G8KFN