Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Management Instance Configuration

Management Instance Configuration

New_Henry86
New Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I am totally newbie with Extreme World. I was starting with Management Instance configuration as attachments. I already read Manual User Guide, but can't figure where I missed. Have someone help me a while ? . Attachments are included

a. Picture which describes lab environment 

b. Configuration of VOSS 8.10 - (EVE-NG device) 

Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Phil_
New Contributor III

You can try but I don´t know honestly if this will work. Unfortunately there is no focus towards the virtual images of voss from extreme.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Phil_
New Contributor III

Hi,

your configuration is valid for the most parts. Your issue is the tagging configuration between the both switches. The Cisco side is untagged because of the "switchport mode access vlan 99", while the VSP side is tagged by default. To change the tagging behavior of the port you have to enter the interface and change it for example:
interface gigabitEthernet 1/1
no encapsulation dot1q
exit

The "no encapsulation dot1q" command is basically telling the port, that it´s not tagged anymore. For troubleshooting purpose you should stick to classic mac-address-table of the VSP Switch, which you can see with "show vlan mac-address-entry port 1/1". Here you will see no mac-address as long as the port is tagged.

Best regards,

Phil

Dear Phil,

It doesn't work as we expected.  

New_Henry86_1-1726905114267.png

New_Henry86_0-1726905060331.png

New_Henry86_2-1726905605952.png

Phil_
New Contributor III

Hi Henry,

can you please give me the outpot of the following command: show ports vlan 1/1 ?

Kind regards,

Phil

Dear Phi, 

Sorry for late reply. Currently, I can ping to IP 192.168.99.88, I assume that this configuration is coexistence setup. There are more issues as below 

a. I can ping another IP with context "grt" but "mgmt" 

b. I can't access web service although enable it 

c. Why ARP entry in MGT Instance show failed? 

New_Henry86_0-1726930711637.png

New_Henry86_1-1726930936558.pngNew_Henry86_2-1726931064542.png

Thank for your help 

GTM-P2G8KFN