cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapping fibres in VSP SMLT to EXOS LAG = SMLT port down

Swapping fibres in VSP SMLT to EXOS LAG = SMLT port down

dabbler
New Contributor

I have 2 VSPs, VSP1 and VSP2 that have SMLT fibre connections to EXOS switch stacks that use sharing.

I built a new EXOS switch stack to replace an existing one, created a new SMLT and all that worked fine. I then disconnected both fibres from the existing EXOS stack and connected both fibres from the new EXOS stack as I need to use the existing VSP SMLT ports.

The fibre on VSP2 works and provides connectivity but the fibre port on VSP1 is now down. Changing fibre cables, SFPs, rebooting the EXOS and VSP did not help.

Anyone know why moving both fibres on an SMLT connection to a new switch stack would cause this?

6 REPLIES 6

Sounds like a physical L1 problem if you are unable to go back to the original port. Don't see a reason for the port being down and is still admin enabled. Sometimes good to disable one side especially when changing stacking but you are not doing this here.. Check show pluggable basic to see transceiver recognised and show pluggable detail to see info on status of tx and rx signals (should be normal with no warnings for both). Did you get the tx and rx wrong way around when you moved the fibre cable maybe? Is your VIST up?

VIST is UP ok.
I ran a show pluggable details and the port on VSP1 is showing

RxPower(dBm) -20.0 -19.0 -40.0 0.0 1.0 Low Alarm

I assume the -40 is because the VSP port is down and not transmitting anything

GTM-P2G8KFN