Did you mean: 

Aerohive AP230: Device Update Failed.

Aerohive AP230: Device Update Failed.

son_duong
New Contributor

Hi Team,

I got 1 AP230.

Current HiveOS Version : 6.1r5

Device Update Failed in Hivemanager(NG) : “The AP_230 with MAC address 9C5D1223**** firmware upgraded from 6.1.5.0 to 6.4r1 is not supported. Please manually upgrade the device firmware to 6.1r6, and then reconnect.”

I see notification: “ Following devices can’t be upgraded automatically, please manually upgrade to 6.1r6 first: AH-23cbc0”

Could you please send me the fit firmware for AP230 ? version 6.1r6.

Email: son.duong@ccvi.vn

Thanks Team.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Son, thank you for letting us know, I’ve emailed you with instructions on how to get the AP230 updated. Please let me know if I can help with anything else! Happy Holidays!

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34

SamPirok
Community Manager

@pleasHelp, I’m so sorry for the long wait here, I think I missed your post all together earlier. I’ve just emailed you the instructions for getting firmware for your AP230, please let me know if I can help with anything else. Again, very sorry for the delayed response here. 

@cavelasquezs, the red/amber LED just means the AP is working as normal and is not connected to an XIQ instance at the moment. I’d recommend the steps outlined in this guide to troubleshoot why the AP isn’t connecting to XIQ and/or to manually connect the AP to your XIQ instance specifically.

Unfortunately that error message is a bit too generic to tell us much about what caused it. If this happens again, I’d recommend opening a support ticket so they can dig in to this a bit more with you. If you don’t have support I can try to help you, and I’d recommend starting by enabling CAPWAP debugs, trying to update again, waiting for the issue to happen again, and then pulling tech data/the output of “show log buff” to send to me for review. If you’d like to send that to me at community@extremenetworks.com, I can let you know what I find. 

cavelasquezs
New Contributor

Im trying to update my AP130 and i got this error

${{
"errorCode" : "backend.config.error.device.connectivity.error",
"errorParams" : null
}}#

and now the AP is stuck with a solid red LED and cant get it reset or anything. 

What can i do?

pleasHelp
New Contributor

Hi Sam,

Please send me the firmware for AP230 to gianghongvietnam@gmail.com as well as the online portal keeps failing when updating. 

Thank you in advance.

SamPirok
Community Manager

Hi Renato, thanks for reaching out. I’ve emailed you instructions on how to get the firmware files you need and a guide that reviews how to update the AP firmware via the AP’s Web UI. Please don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any further issues updating your devices.

tendaji
New Contributor

Dear All,

I am also facing the same issue with 2 AP 230 running 6.1r6 version with the message “Device Update Failed.” can you please assist in provinding instructions on how to fix this ?

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Renato

GTM-P2G8KFN