Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zebra WT6000 disconnections on 305CX with firmaware 10.6.2.0

Zebra WT6000 disconnections on 305CX with firmaware 10.6.2.0

jeff114
New Contributor

Hi,

we have about 80 APs 305CX in a warehouse and we use some clients Zebra WT6000.

Since upgrading firmware from 10.5.2.0 to 10.6.2.0 we have lot of deconnections with this clients. If we downgrade to 10.5.2.0 everything runs fine.

On 10.6.2.0 we disabled 802.11ax on 2.4ghz and 5ghz  but didn't change anything.

My question: what could cause this problem, is there a workaround to apply to 10.6.2.0 firmware?

Best regards,

jeff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello Jeff,

Rule of thumb, when you push a major firmware upgrade (10.5 to 10.6), you should follow it up with a complete config update as well. Do not do them simultaneously as the config update will supersede the  firmware upgrade and this does not help. 

Steps to properly upgrade the APs:

1 - In Manage > Devices, select the APs to upgrade > Hit UPDATE DEVICES

2 - Uncheck "Update Network Policy and Configuration"

3 - Check "Upgrade IQ Engine and Extreme Network Switch Images" > Click PERFORM UPDATE

4 - Once the AP/s is/are back online, reselect the same APs > Click UPDATE DEVICES > Select "Update Network Policy and Configuration" > Select "Complete Configuration Update" > Click PERFORM UPDATE. 

In terms of downtime, take 2 AP reboots into consideration.

I hope this helps,

BR,

Christoph S.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello Jeff,

Rule of thumb, when you push a major firmware upgrade (10.5 to 10.6), you should follow it up with a complete config update as well. Do not do them simultaneously as the config update will supersede the  firmware upgrade and this does not help. 

Steps to properly upgrade the APs:

1 - In Manage > Devices, select the APs to upgrade > Hit UPDATE DEVICES

2 - Uncheck "Update Network Policy and Configuration"

3 - Check "Upgrade IQ Engine and Extreme Network Switch Images" > Click PERFORM UPDATE

4 - Once the AP/s is/are back online, reselect the same APs > Click UPDATE DEVICES > Select "Update Network Policy and Configuration" > Select "Complete Configuration Update" > Click PERFORM UPDATE. 

In terms of downtime, take 2 AP reboots into consideration.

I hope this helps,

BR,

Christoph S.

Hi Christoph,

thank you for your help. I will try this in some days and do a report.

Best regards,

jeff

GTM-P2G8KFN