cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidently turned of LAN access to AP-7522 controller can no longer access configuration page.

Accidently turned of LAN access to AP-7522 controller can no longer access configuration page.

brj5144
New Contributor
Background
My wifi was working fine but the time was always off so I tried to add a ntp time server in the basic settings page. Feeling like I needed to have a default gateway for the time server to work, I enabled the wan port and set a default gateway and ip address. It didn't seem to work so I disabled the wan port. When I did it seems to have disabled the lan access as well. So now I have wifi up and running and no lan access to configure any more settings or see the dashboard.

Question
Can I reset this Access Point to factory settings and let it adopt with another virtual controller or is there another way I can access this AP and enable the LAN port?
13 REPLIES 13

brj5144
New Contributor
Thank you all so much. I connected to the console port of the ap and it does not give me an option to login. It just keeps displaying logs. The logs are something about denial of service ip spoofing from various ip addresses. I assume this is typical logs. But I can not figure out a way to actually stop the logs and login to the access point.

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
Your options:

A:
1 - Reset the AP
2 - Make one of the working APs the virtual controller and have it adopt all the rest of the APs including this one

B: Enable the LAN port on this one AP
1 - Log into this AP via console port
2 - Run the following commands:
>en
#self
#int ge 1
#show context
If the port is disabled you should see a line stating 'shutdown'
In this case re-enable it
#no shutdown
#com wr
#show context

I hope this helps,

Christoph
Christoph S.

ckelly
Extreme Employee
If network access has been shut off, then your only option would be to console connect to the AP and factory reset it.
GTM-P2G8KFN