cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Flash end of support 2020 - WING GUI 5.9.x/7.x

Adobe Flash end of support 2020 - WING GUI 5.9.x/7.x

Raul_Carbonari
New Contributor III
There is a GUI migration plan based on FLASH for other technologies such as HTML5 before the end of support by Adobe and most browsers in Dec / 2020. Or we will suffer the same type of nightmare that exists with JAVA-based GUIs that were never updated again.
144 REPLIES 144

tcheurby
New Contributor III

Totally agree. 
I love WING products and I deploy them very frequently. Every time I show the GUI interface to the client's IT team it's a drama... Luckily the CLI and the configuration architecture are really really good. 
And let's not talk about the historic Identifi / ExtremeWireless products, a real disaster...

Ok, Extreme is leader on the Magic Quadrant 2019 & 2020 ??
Just open a GUI interface of VX9K or V2110 and compare that with other manufacturers. Maybe the idea is just to buy companies to get into the Magic Quadrant.

I feel like there's a difference in budget between the marketing team and the development team of the OS WING...

tcheurby,
Angry WING Lover

Martin8052
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have read somewhere that with Wing 5.9.9 and Wing 7.5 there should be a HTML5 GUI.

Martin

Richard_Augusto
Contributor

Folks,

We have in July. 

Extreme have any updates for HTML5 support on VX9000?

Aviv_Kedem
Contributor

Small customers like having the Wing APs where they don’t have to buy a controller, so using the VC on the AP is the issue here.  The GUI on the VC on Wing APs still uses Flash.

Exactly

But it’s not only about VC, but VX9000 and NX controllers.

It’s very critical and many companies watching at all technologies provided and conclude how much serious Extreme Networks. It is becoming increasingly difficult to convince that it’s not a big deal that we still stuck with FLASH.

Aviv

Brian_Anderson1
Contributor

Small customers like having the Wing APs where they don’t have to buy a controller, so using the VC on the AP is the issue here.  The GUI on the VC on Wing APs still uses Flash.

GTM-P2G8KFN