Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP305c running as WING - virtual controller on AP

AP305c running as WING - virtual controller on AP

Przemek
New Contributor

I have 2 questions:
1- Can the AP305c running as WING be a standalone virtual controller for other APs. If so, for which models of AP. Is there a matrix that takes into account this AP model?
2- How can I check AP temperature from cli. Measuring the AP305CX with a PIR thermometer from the bottom it shows me 44 degrees Celsius. For comparison, the AP310 is 34 degrees Celsius (air temperature is 25 degrees).Is this the correct normal temperature for the AP305CX ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello,

To answer your questions:

1 - Universal APs don’t have virtual controller capabilities

2 - I don’t believe the APs have temperature monitoring sensors, those would be on the controllers only, but the operating temperature is 0 - 40 Deg C. Is the AP up and running? Do you have another similar AP doing the same thing?

Thank you,

Christoph S.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello,

To add to what Chris K mentioned, the #show system temperature command can be used if the AP is in the HIveOS and not in WiNG mode. 

Example:

AP305C-LAB#show system temperature
Current temperature:               46(degree C)
AP305C-LAB#show ver
Copyright (c) 2006-2020 Extreme Networks, Inc.

As you can see the temp is 46 deg C so you should be OK. These devices are rated to work in 40 deg C environments. 

Thank you,

Chris

Christoph S.

ckelly
Extreme Employee

I don’t have a 305C(X) to test this, but from the CLI, try using the command:

#show sys temp

If this gives an output, it’s the internal circuitry temperature. The 410C supports this and the 305C may as well.

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello,

To answer your questions:

1 - Universal APs don’t have virtual controller capabilities

2 - I don’t believe the APs have temperature monitoring sensors, those would be on the controllers only, but the operating temperature is 0 - 40 Deg C. Is the AP up and running? Do you have another similar AP doing the same thing?

Thank you,

Christoph S.
GTM-P2G8KFN