Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP5010 WING Mode MGMT CLI Access

AP5010 WING Mode MGMT CLI Access

oxoyoz
New Contributor III

Hi All. Need some guidance here:

After AP5010 is switched from XIQ to WING mode - can its MGMT CLI interface be accessed via zero config IP address by the eth0/eth1 port, or can it only be accessed via the microusb console port? 

Asking this because the microusb console cable seems hard to find... Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello oxoyoz,

If in WiNG operational mode, the AP should be a DHCP client by default so it should have pulled an IP address from your DHCP server which can then be used to SSH into it; however, if for some reason this did not happen, you can use the Zero config IP address to access it. Configure your laptop with an APIPA IP address within the same range as the one printed on the AP and use subnet mask /16 (255.255.0.0). 

Here's a link on how to obtain the console cable: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000083712

I hope this helps,

Christoph S.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ckelly
Extreme Employee

If an AP is capable of being switched to WiNG mode in XIQ, then once it has been 'switched', it operates 100% as a WiNG AP. So everything that you may be accustomed to doing with a legacy WiNG AP will continue to be there on the 'converted' WiNG AP...including the different access methods that you are asking about.

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello oxoyoz,

If in WiNG operational mode, the AP should be a DHCP client by default so it should have pulled an IP address from your DHCP server which can then be used to SSH into it; however, if for some reason this did not happen, you can use the Zero config IP address to access it. Configure your laptop with an APIPA IP address within the same range as the one printed on the AP and use subnet mask /16 (255.255.0.0). 

Here's a link on how to obtain the console cable: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000083712

I hope this helps,

Christoph S.

oxoyoz
New Contributor III

Thanks. Converted my AP to Wing mode for better CLI command lines. 

Chris. Do you know where I can find the CLI tutorial for the XIQ OS? Is it still Aerohive's? 

GTM-P2G8KFN