Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyper-V, VX9000 not network connection since Wing 7.3.1.1

Hyper-V, VX9000 not network connection since Wing 7.3.1.1

Martin8052
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have seen that since Wing 7.3.1.1 there is something broken with network and Hyper-V. If I install Wing 7.3.1.1 or newer on a Hyper-V Host (testet Server 2012 R2 and Server 2019) the Interface is Down (seen in “Show interface ge1” and “show interface swtichboard”)

If I add in Hyper-V Manager an Legacy Network Adapter to the VM, I get a connected Interface. But using legacy virtual network adapter shouldnt be the solution, as it was working till Wing 7.2.x.

BTW Wing 7.3.1.0 doesnt even start on Hyper-V, but there is already a techdoc on this case.

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ckelly
Extreme Employee

Martin, this sounds like something that GTAC needs to reproduce and get into the system to be fixed.  I don’t run Hyper-V in my lab so I can’t test this, but It doesn’t sound like you’re doing anything wrong here.  I’d rcommend reaching out to GTAC.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Martin8052
New Contributor III

Hello,

at least since 7.6.0 of VX9000 it is again working with the normal network adapte, you no longer have to use legacy network adapter. But again, nothing mentioned about in the release notes.

btw the releasenotes are strange, as there is already references a Wing 7.6.1.0 

greetings

Martin

Martin8052
New Contributor III

Hi Chris,

I will do it, just hoped that the problem is already known as there are already multiple versions out since 7.3.1.1.

Martin

ckelly
Extreme Employee

Martin, this sounds like something that GTAC needs to reproduce and get into the system to be fixed.  I don’t run Hyper-V in my lab so I can’t test this, but It doesn’t sound like you’re doing anything wrong here.  I’d rcommend reaching out to GTAC.

GTM-P2G8KFN