cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX5500 auto provisioning

NX5500 auto provisioning

OGB-NIKO
Contributor

Can someone tell me the steps to make sure auto provisioning is enabled in my nx5500 controller

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ckelly
Extreme Employee

Okay, so if the circled “Auto-Provisioning Policy” drop-down listing was set to “none” then the auto-provisioning policy you created was NOT being used.

The auto-provisioning policy is mainly used during a deployment, so if you already have APs deployed and there’s no changes happening, then the auto-provisioning policy won’t be doing much or anything at all even if enabled.

But, if you are currently in the process or deploying APs, then yes, enabling auto-provisioning is helpful and I’d recommend re-enabling it.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello Niko,

I believe that Chris answered your questions but here’s an article on creating and enabling auto provisioning policies for your perusal: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000088755

Thank you

Christoph S.

ckelly
Extreme Employee

Okay, so if the circled “Auto-Provisioning Policy” drop-down listing was set to “none” then the auto-provisioning policy you created was NOT being used.

The auto-provisioning policy is mainly used during a deployment, so if you already have APs deployed and there’s no changes happening, then the auto-provisioning policy won’t be doing much or anything at all even if enabled.

But, if you are currently in the process or deploying APs, then yes, enabling auto-provisioning is helpful and I’d recommend re-enabling it.

OGB-NIKO
Contributor

You found it and yes it was set to no and none i found the policy that was created when i go to upgrade to 7.5.2 should i re-enable auto to make deployment easier ?

ckelly
Extreme Employee

I’m not sure of what you are referring to with “auto”.

In the NX5500’s Profile, you simply need to have the auto-provisioning policy selected, as shown here.

ba059ab47c7a4eacba82e79e0e42ab05_245bfc00-7cad-48ae-a1d9-47034c03950a.png

GTM-P2G8KFN