Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see adopted device upgrade option in VX 9000

Unable to see adopted device upgrade option in VX 9000

Shubha_m13
New Contributor

Hi Team,

I am unable to see adopted device upgrade option in VX 9000, my 2 AP’s are adopted to controller but in statistics it is showing version mismatch for AP’s, please find below screenshot, I am using demo image of version 7.4.1.1

51fe511408dc499bb442cfde9da002cb_4749fa8b-30e8-4017-9a6c-4ec467adf4d6.png

51fe511408dc499bb442cfde9da002cb_cf60f751-8c84-4d40-9cf6-faa3b5b1ff2a.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello Shubha,

Here’s a link to an article that lists all possible messages you will see in the CFG-STAT column that have to do with adoption status, and their meaning:

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/What-do-the-entries-in-the-CFG-STAT-column-me...

I hope this helps,

Thank you,

Christoph

Christoph S.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello Shubha,

Here’s a link to an article that lists all possible messages you will see in the CFG-STAT column that have to do with adoption status, and their meaning:

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/What-do-the-entries-in-the-CFG-STAT-column-me...

I hope this helps,

Thank you,

Christoph

Christoph S.

RobertZ
Extreme Employee

What does "adoption status version-mismatch" mean?

When you see version-mismatch status of adopted device (i.e. using 'show adoption status' command), it means current controller image version does not correspond with current image version of adopted device.

• In that case, no configuration is pushed to adopted device to avoid possible damage to the adopted unit.
  • Also, the correct stats retrieving done on controller and rf-domain manager will not occur and it will show misleading information for client connectivity, client position (if any location/coordinates has been configured for each AP), and client stats on radio.

It is possible to fix it using the upgrade procedure as described for instance in the article below.
How to upgrade WiNG AP

ckelly
Extreme Employee

Just in case Sam’s response wasn’t clear, you need to select the VX9000 icon in the tree structure - in either the ‘default’ or ‘Progility-Wing’ section. Once you find the VX9000 icon in there, click on it. Over on the right-hand side, you’ll then see a different list  of options (tabs).

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shubha, thanks for the screen shots. In the Operations tab, if you select the Controller/VC you should then see an ADOPTED DEVICES UPGRADE option. You’ll also want to check the DEVICE IMAGE tab (seen after you select the ADOPTED DEVICE UPGRADE) to make sure the next firmware version is present in the controller. 

b6ec699a4d15429eb85eec69e88e1301_87c1df3c-b80f-45f9-b0a4-4324136532d4.png

GTM-P2G8KFN