cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see the SSID configured on some of the laptops - VX9000 with AP310i

Unable to see the SSID configured on some of the laptops - VX9000 with AP310i

ddpatil89
New Contributor III

We recently installed new vx9000 controller with AP310i in our office network. But Some of the clients unable to see the SSID broadcasted by AP while the next table client able to see the SSID & connect also. Can anyone help me what should be the issue? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

In addition to what Stephan recommended, some older wireless clients can’t see SSIDs coming from WIFI 6 APs when 802.11ax is enabled. You can also test by disabling 802.11ax to see if the SSID will be visible to said clients

Here’s a link with instructions on enabling and disabling this parameter: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000085792

I hope this helps,

Christoph S.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

ddpatil89
New Contributor III

I tested with inSSIDer app on one of the working windows machine. Please find attached snap. It is showing that my SSID “ProgilityTech” using channel no. 11

e86b3387367b4eea9c7062566c72f44e_84480cdd-372d-4540-a976-24f46f316e66.png

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

In addition to what Stephan recommended, some older wireless clients can’t see SSIDs coming from WIFI 6 APs when 802.11ax is enabled. You can also test by disabling 802.11ax to see if the SSID will be visible to said clients

Here’s a link with instructions on enabling and disabling this parameter: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000085792

I hope this helps,

Christoph S.

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

First of all you can check if the cause is the channel. You can install a programm on an working client to see the channels used by the AP. For example you can use the software inSSIDer it is still available in a free version.

If you have the used channels in the air and then you can take further steps if necessary. 

In 2.4 GHz use channels 1 to 11 which are supported in all countries.

Regards Stephan

ddpatil89
New Contributor III

Thanks for the update. What is the default channel 2.4ghz band uses in AP310i? Because I have not made any changes in channel part. Can you please also share the process how I can change the channel on 2.4ghz band? Also what is the generally used channel in 2.4ghz band which support maximum type of end devices?

GTM-P2G8KFN