cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the replacement email for communityhelp@aerohive.com?

What is the replacement email for communityhelp@aerohive.com?

Marcus_sun
New Contributor

Hello,

Is there a replacement email for communityhelp@aerohive.com? I sent a msg to this email and got an auto replay that we need to use the extremeportal.force.com, which requires paid service contract.

I need help to clear database for some old AP230 purchased from Ebay. It used to be that we can email communityhelp@aerohive.com to have the SN cleared.

Has the policy changed? I filed a ticket with support they refused to do so as I do not have a service contract.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, I just wanted to mention in general that the community@extremenetworks inbox is now being monitored by me (as of 7/13/20). 

More specifically, if you have issues with serial numbers stuck in old XIQ instances, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me at the above inbox and I’ll see what I can do for you. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

larryqiann
New Contributor

Hi, I have an Aerohive AP230 that also has this issue. I’m wondering if there’s any way to have it taken off the previous account so it can be re-registered. Should I email Support or Community email address as stated above?

Thank you!

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III

Hi @Ronald Dvorak! community@extremenetworks.com has (had?) several people on it when I left. I agree though, these types of transactions should be easy.

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor

GTAC Case # (02161245) created

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor

Hi Andi,

@Drew C. was our community manager (and he was great) but he left Extreme 3month ago and I’m not sure whether there is a new one.

@amckeever any idea about that ?

I’ll open a ticket in the meantime and let you know the result.

BR,

Ron

a_huerzeler
Contributor

Hi Ron,

well done! I am not sure to be honest but i think neither is Extreme. Sam Pirok who did administrate communityhelp@aerohive.com suggested to try community@extremenetworks.com a couple of weeks ago but this email is obviously not in use. 

I have contacted the support@extremenetworks.com before and got  a reply but if this is the preferred way from Extreme I dont know. Would be nice if Extreme would soon employ a community manager like Sam Pirok soon, dont know why they didnt keep her on the team she was so experienced and helpful. But it would be nice to get “offical” replies again in the community without the need of always opening up a support case.

Best,
Andi

GTM-P2G8KFN