Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme Control as External RADIUS in Cloud IQ

Extreme Control as External RADIUS in Cloud IQ

RobertD1
Contributor
Hello,

I understand that it is possible to create a network policy in Cloud IQ for Wireless which can use External RADIUS server for authentication (Extreme A3, NPS, Extreme Control). Do the APs (AP3705C) which are onboarded in the cloud also need to be added under Access-Control>Switches? If so what RADIUS Attributes should they use?

Thanks,
Rob
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RobertD1
Contributor
I have got this to work! After solving the first problem with the developer profile (redirect URI was missing) then the first task passed and data was collected. I then realized the subsequent tasks also had scripts which when reviewed revealed what I needed to do in addition. I had to create a profile for the new device to use (or alter the script) and I added another IF statement for the model of AP I was using (AP305C) and in the last script alter the primary RADIUS server IP. That's it! I've learnt a lot from this and will be very useful for bulk importing and integrating XIQ WAPs with XIQ-SE with Extreme Control.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

RobertD1
Contributor
I think I need to update the script first...

###################################################################
# Update the Bearer Token, client secret, client-id,
# redirect-uri, and ownerid in the curl_cmd variable to
# match your developer credentials, bearer token from
# XIQ, and VIQ ID.
# Developer credentials: https://developer.aerohive.com/
# Bearer Token: XIQ Interface/Global Settings/ API Token Management
# VIQ ID: From the XIQ interface "About" menu option
###################################################################

curl_cmd = 'curl -s -k --header "Authorization: Bearer xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"'
curl_cmd = curl_cmd + ' --header "X-AH-API-CLIENT-SECRET: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"'
curl_cmd = curl_cmd + ' --header "X-AH-API-CLIENT-ID: xxxxxxxx"'
curl_cmd = curl_cmd + ' --header "X-AH-API-CLIENT-REDIRECT-URI: https://x.x.x.x"'
curl_cmd = curl_cmd + ' https://va2.extremecloudiq.com/xapi/v1/monitor/devices{?ownerId=xxxxxx}'

I've found the ownerId and REDIRECT-URI address (my XIQ-SE) but struggling to find the CLIENT-ID and complete the first three lines?

RobertD1
Contributor
I have used the document and managed to get an XIQ WAP to interact with the Access-Control engine. I created three SSIDs and all three worked (for PPSK, Open and Secure).

One thing that failed in my setup was the Workflow to Import the XIQ APs. When I ran it it said it succeeded very quickly as if it did not run through all of the tasks. No APs were added to XIQ-SE and no APs were added to Access-Control.

The output for the workflow showed an error:

Script Name: Process New XIQ Devices_Extract_All_Devices_from_XIQ
Date and Time: 2022-02-24T16:19:51.443
XIQ-SE User: netsight
XIQ-SE User Domain:
IP:
code: GatewayErrorCode.CLIENT_VERIFICATION_FAILED
rawMessage: XCKCKzThhF

I imported the workflow and appeared to succeed but nothing happened. Any ideas?

Thanks
Rob

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee

Hello Robert,

That is a great document that was developed by our TME team. I use it myself all the time. 

To answer your questions for future use: 

The AP's needed to be added into the Control --> Switches tab. 

Extreme Control/A3 both can have local users or integration with AD. 

Thanks
-Ryan

c34b3bc41b8040d7a848ffe2ab4fa3af.png
Adding APs into the Control switches tab will add them to a clients.conf file that will make them authorized for RADIUS communication. Without them in the clients.conf file NAC will not respond to RADIUS requests from their IP address. 

We use filter-ID for role assignment with XIQ. 

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II
This post was removed

RobertD1
Contributor
Update... I have found this document to answer quite a few of the questions I had so I will try this out. 

https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/ExtremeCloudIQ/HowTo/ExtremeControl_for_XIQ-SE_and_XIQ_APs_How-to_Guide.pdf

These are the sort of guides we all find useful and give great guidance with examples which are easy to follow and apply. It would be difficult to know what to do otherwise.
GTM-P2G8KFN