cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Does using 1000Base-T RJ45 SFP modules require special config?

Does using 1000Base-T RJ45 SFP modules require special config?

Rahman_Duran
Contributor
Hello,

I want to use SFP RJ45 modules on X430. I don't have extreme branded module (part number 10050) but grab an OEM one to test. Whet I plug the module to X430 it logs this:

Media 1000T is inserted into Port 26

But when I plug a laptop to the module, no link comes up. X430 does not logs anything either. So is there any configuration to be done on the switch to use the module or this means the OEM one is not compatible with X430?

Regards,

Rahman
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rahman_Duran
Contributor
@EtherMAN Yes, what I want is to use 25-28 ports for end user connection. I found the problem BTW. The OEM module was 1000T only, not 10/100/1000. So it did not worked with my laptop which is Fast Ethernet.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

EtherMAN
Contributor III
Glad you figured it out.... Like I said those 1000 T sfp have all been a bit flaky

Rahman_Duran
Contributor
@EtherMAN Yes, what I want is to use 25-28 ports for end user connection. I found the problem BTW. The OEM module was 1000T only, not 10/100/1000. So it did not worked with my laptop which is Fast Ethernet.

vladimiratm
New Contributor
You can try to configure manually speed and duplex mode on ports, where plugged SFP module

EtherMAN
Contributor III
True for sure... the 1000T can be very sketchy for sure... WE have had hit and miss through the years in other switches that were all X ports like a 670 or a 48 port 8900 blade.

Why not just use a pair of SX optics and MM patches... I would bet they would be pretty close to the same price as a 1000T and a cat 6 patch. I guess you are trying to use ports 25-28 because all the other ports are in use?
GTM-P2G8KFN