cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate a NX5500 cluster config to a single Extreme Networks NX 7510

Migrate a NX5500 cluster config to a single Extreme Networks NX 7510

OGB-NIKO
Contributor

Can anyone give me the steps on how to Migrate a NX5500 cluster config to a single Extreme Networks NX 7510  controller ?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello OGB-NIKO,

1. Due to hardware differences it is not advisable to migrate the config directly from the NX5500 to the NX7510
  2. Backup the running configs from the Primary NX5500 and NX7510 controllers and use the NX5500 settings to build the NX7510 config (in Notepad++). Reload the NX7510 config into controller. Some settings will have to be configured directly on the controller such us users account in the management policy. 
  3. If you don't have an NX7510 cluster then these settings will have to be removed from the config since they are not going to be used. You will only need the config from Primary NX5500 controller (Standby controller has mirror config of Primary). 
  4. If you have licenses on both members of the NX5500 cluster, create a GTAC ticket so that these may be moved over to the NX7510 controller. 

I hope this helps,

BR,

Christoph S.

View solution in original post

Should i break the NX550 cluster and set it to the primary master then export the config for the NX7510 controller ?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello OGB-NIKO,

When you pull the config from the NX5500 controller to build the new NX7510 config, just don't include the cluster configs, but even if you do, this will not affect the NX7510 since it's a standalone controller and no cluster exists. To reduce clutter though, you can remove the settings later on by following these instructions: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000081396

BR,

Christoph S.

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello OGB-NIKO,

1. Due to hardware differences it is not advisable to migrate the config directly from the NX5500 to the NX7510
  2. Backup the running configs from the Primary NX5500 and NX7510 controllers and use the NX5500 settings to build the NX7510 config (in Notepad++). Reload the NX7510 config into controller. Some settings will have to be configured directly on the controller such us users account in the management policy. 
  3. If you don't have an NX7510 cluster then these settings will have to be removed from the config since they are not going to be used. You will only need the config from Primary NX5500 controller (Standby controller has mirror config of Primary). 
  4. If you have licenses on both members of the NX5500 cluster, create a GTAC ticket so that these may be moved over to the NX7510 controller. 

I hope this helps,

BR,

Christoph S.

Should i break the NX550 cluster and set it to the primary master then export the config for the NX7510 controller ?

GTM-P2G8KFN