Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adopting X430 onto MDF

Adopting X430 onto MDF

HeyHelpDeskGuy
New Contributor III

Hey all,

I’m new to EW and ES, and wanted to ask how I can adopt an extra X430 8 port switch I found to the network? 

I want to adopt it to the network because whenever I try to program a port it comes back as, Invalid input detected at '^' marker, which is always at the vlan. 

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor

Could you try “con vlan ?” to see the available options.

If that doesn’t give you a hint what is wrong post please a screenshot and also include the output for “show vlan” and “show version”.

-Ron

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

HeyHelpDeskGuy
New Contributor III

Hey @Ronald Dvorak I’m going back to the location tomorrow with a SFP module as well. I noticed in the EW Deployment Jumpstart that I have to configure the Mgmt IP address first. So if I do this I can then add the other VLANS on the network, correct?  

8dd2bcc8c3094da8862127830c87c2c8_ffad1a74-1d7a-42b5-9050-da1b6fa1109a.png

HeyHelpDeskGuy
New Contributor III

Also to note, I think I may need to grab a SFP and use Uplink 10. The other X430’s have this physical configuration and this may what I need to do to get this switch to ‘see’ the preconfigured VLAN’s from the MDF. 

HeyHelpDeskGuy
New Contributor III

Hey Ron!

Here’s the info; 

1. Con Vlan reported back ‘incomplete command’ 
  2. Show Vlan worked (please see below)
  3. Show version worked (please see below)
b899677769e8495ab4407680b58b96de_03c19fd8-7fc7-443e-9f33-449dd62c5b0a.png

HeyHelpDeskGuy
New Contributor III

Thanks Ron! I’ll be back up to that location either tomorrow (Tuesday) or Wednesday and will post my findings. Also I accidentally marked this as solved, my apologizes for the confusion. 

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor

Could you try “con vlan ?” to see the available options.

If that doesn’t give you a hint what is wrong post please a screenshot and also include the output for “show vlan” and “show version”.

-Ron

GTM-P2G8KFN