cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ExtremeWireless - V10.21 Reports gone new reports

ExtremeWireless - V10.21 Reports gone new reports

JohanHendrikx
Contributor II
After upgrading V2110 with firmware 10.21.01.0065 I noticed its was not possible to see the clients per VNS or AP. It too bad because I used that report a lot.

There is also a new one: 'Channell Inspector'. Verry userfull, But isn't Overlap/Interfering the same as Adjacent ?

Johan Hendrik System Architect Audax
14 REPLIES 14

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
On the positiv site ... I really like the new AP dashboard.

It already helped me to solve a problem with bad thruput with a Kindle Fire TV stick = choppy video, low quality, buffering.

The dashboard indicated a channel util of about 45% - after I've changed the channel it went down to 5-10% (screenshot below) and everything was working again.

c46228c32e264c799aed6435cdbabb02_RackMultipart20170113-77546-oeculf-CCI_01_inline.png

Hello Ronald,

do you know if it know possible that Extreme Control Center collect historical statistics about noise and channel utilization?

I still have no new reply from Extreme to my other post related to this topic:

https://community.extremenetworks.com/extreme/topics/extended-wireless-reports

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Regarding the new client report - I think you need to blame that on me and my CR....
https://community.extremenetworks.com/extreme/topics/report-clients-by-role

Instead of adding another report to the "client by X" section it looks like the format was changed to the all-clients report with a filter/search function in the upper left corner.

In case you'd like to see clients on a certain VNS you'd put the WLAN/SSID in the filter/search field.
So you'd filter on everything in the report.

But you are right I'm also not 100% happy with the new system as I miss the auto-refresh and the last column with the total value.

Andre_Brits_Kan
Contributor II
Hi Johan
I wanted to post the same question, the clients per AP/VNS was very useful.
I have the solution deployed across a metro with various ISP's and each ISP want to know how many clients is connected to their specific SSID....

Please bring back

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Hi Johan,

thx for bringing that up, I wasn't aware of the new channel inspector report.

In my example you'd see that adjacent is the +/- 1 channel of the currently used channel, might be that the reason for this seperate category it is to show you that you've a really bad channel plan.

112ae92935b24d3dbfe62c0e2314f5bd_RackMultipart20170113-8126-1fejbbi-EWC_channel_inspector_inline.png

GTM-P2G8KFN